Weekly Reminder – 30 November 2021
Weekly Reminder – 30 November 2021
1. Secretary on leave – We remind you that Lesley Langer, our secretary, is on leave and that the telephone and emails will be taken care of as business as usual by our treasurer, Raewyn Thomas, who will direct these messages to the appropriate person to deal with them.
2. Board Changes – The Board has reluctantly accepted the resignation of Elaine McClintock from the Board of Bowls North Harbour and we thank her for the contribution she has made over the recent years. Elaine was also a valued member of the Match Committee and we will miss her proactive ideas and comments. At the same time, the board are pleased to welcome Steven Yates to be co-opted to the Board until the next annual meeting. Many of you will know Steven from previously being CEO of Bowls Auckland and he is also currently a playing member of the open representative team.
3. Covid Lockdown & Club Vaccination Policy – Has your club adopted a vaccination policy? If so, have you forwarded a copy to Bowls North Harbour? We would appreciate being advised as it is BNH intention to only hold events at clubs that have adopted a full vaccination policy to apply at their club’s premises. With the move to the traffic lights system this Friday this should see clubs now being able to get up to speed and back playing on the greens with club-houses open. Check the guidelines issued by Bowls New Zealand last Friday 26 November to assist you to understand what you can and cannot do.
4. Entries open for forthcoming events – A reminder for clubs and persons entering BNH competitions to check the entry conditions for the event on the entry platform, on the website, as entries are being made.
All entrants must be double vaccinated by the entry closing date for the event entered.
1-5 years Interclub – Entries close on Friday 24 December 2021 for playing dates 8/9 January 2022. Entry fee $100 per side.
Women’s Interclub 7’s – Entries close on Friday 7 January 2022 for playing dates 22/23 January 2022. Entry fee $100 per side.
Men’s Interclub 7’s – Entries close on Friday 28 January 2022 for playing dates 12/13 February & 12 March 2022. Entry fee $100 per side.
Women’s Centre Triples – Entries close on Friday 4 February 2022 for playing dates 19/20 February 2022. Entry fee $75 per team.
Men’s Centre Singles – Entries close on Friday 4 February 2022 for playing dates 19/20 February 2022. Entry fee $25 per
5. BNH NZ Masters 2022 – Entries close on Friday 17 December 2021 for playing dates 14/18 February 2022. Entry fee $25 per player.
A reminder for clubs and persons entering competitions to check the entry conditions for the event on the entry platform as entries are being made. All entrants must be double vaccinated by 1 February 2022. All entries must be made through the entry platform on the website.
The link is – https://www.bowlsnorthharbour.com/masters/
Thank you to the clubs who have responded with their club information to assist BNH to host this major tournament. We have received replies from Browns Bay, Milford, Takapuna, Mairangi Bay, Orewa, Warkworth, Helensville and Birkenhead. If your club has not replied yet would you please do so as we need the assistance of your club as a venue for this tournament on the days your greens are available.
6. Resurgence Support Payments – A further payment was allocated by Government from last Friday so make sure your club has made an application for this. If your club needs any assistance, our treasurer, Raewyn Thomas, is only too willing to help. Contact her on 027 499 8697.
7. Battle of the Bridge – This annual representative fixture between Auckland and North Harbour will be held this coming Sunday 5 December. The open rep teams will be playing at Blockhouse Bay and Papatoetoe and the 1-5 years are being hosted by North Harbour at Milford Bowling Club. The competition involves teams playing fours, pairs and singles in that order. Thank you to all the volunteers offering to be markers at this event and we are pleased to have the required number available.
Why not check in to watch these 1-5 year bowlers demonstrate their ability.
8. Date Correction on Calendar – The open teams head to head representative fixture between Bowls North Harbour and Bay of Plenty is being played on Saturday 15 January at Katikati. This is a corrected date as on the Event Planner it shows as being on Sunday 16 January.
9. Capitation fees relief – Following the decision of Bowls New Zealand to grant a credit of 25% of their membership fees back to Bowls North Harbour clubs, your Board has decided to provide a 15% relief for our clubs on their capitation fees payable to BNH. Clubs who have already paid will receive payment back, and credit notes have been issued to those few clubs that are still to pay. This is some small token of relief to assist clubs financially during these lockdown times.