Update on PPL and Pennants tournaments

  • October 5, 2021


The announcement by the Government yesterday of Auckland remaining in Alert Level 3 and stepping down gradually over the next 3 weeks (minimum) leaves us in no certain place to be able to host the Ryman PPL Carnival event on 16/17 October.

The Match Committee have therefore decided not to wait any longer but to advise clubs now of the cancellation of this event.

Thank you to the 10 clubs who submitted 33 entries for this event and it was looking to be an excellent introductory event to the season’s activities.



The next Centre event now is the Pennants competition starting on 30 October.

Again we encourage clubs to make up your teams for this event and submit your entries well before closing date of 15 October.

Once again with so much uncertainty around for the rest of this month we would ask clubs to hold off actually paying their entry fees until we have more certainty of the event proceeding.

We will give you time to pay for your entries prior to the commencement of the event.


From the Match Committee