Bowls NZ – Covid-19 Alert Level Change – Greater Auckland Region
As you will be aware, the Government has recently made the decision to move Covid-19 Alert Levels for the Greater Auckland region down to Alert Level 1 from midnight tonight. Thank you for your club’s support of the restrictions that have been in place until now and for your patience as we continue to work through the difficulties that Covid-19 and its associated restrictions present to our sport and to bowling clubs and their members.
Here is a quick summary of what the recent announcement from Government means.
Covid-19 Alert Level 1
What stays the same?
- Key principle – if you’re sick, please do not visit your club.
- All the extra hygiene and sanitation provisions that clubs have been implementing under Level 2 should remain in place.
- Contact tracing – clubs should continue to display (and visitors continue to use) the Government contact tracing app or continue to use the manual sign in process.
- Physical distancing is not required (but remains a sensible precaution where practical).
- Bowls New Zealand is no longer recommending any restriction on greens (rinks widths or number of players)
Our most recent guidelines document for Alert Level 1 is attached for your consideration.
Should you have any questions about Covid-19 Alert levels, please contact the writer.
General Manager – Clubs & Community