Code of Conduct
- To state plainly the way in which players who play in or for Bowls North Harbour are expected to conduct themselves and the consequences of any breach of the expected standards of behavior.
- To ensure that players are aware of the standards expected and the consequences of breaching those standards.
- To deal with any grievances arising from any direction made of, or given to a player, by the Tournament Director or Controlling Body.
This Code of Conduct is to be followed on all occasions and in all places where the player can be seen to be a member of clubs under the jurisdiction of North Harbour and includes the venue of play which means the green, surrounds and the clubhouse of the place where the player is about to, or is competing or has competed.
- During Competition – To maintain at all times a high standard of sportsmanship and fair play. This will of necessity include:
- Always playing to the best of their ability and where appropriate to perform as part of a team.
- Abiding by the Laws of the Game, its regulations and the Conditions of Play specified by the Controlling Body.
- Respecting and accepting without question any ruling given by the Umpire. (subject to any right of appeal given by the Laws)
- Not to take any performance enhancing drug and in particular strictly to comply with the Anti-Doping Regulations adopted by Bowls NZ
- Present himself/herself for competition in an acceptable physical condition, mental condition and standard of appearance.
- Maintain towards opponents an attitude of respect and politeness.
- Not to consume alcohol on the greens during play.
- No cell phones to be switched on when playing.
- Abiding by the dress codes as in the conditions of play.
- Outside of the Competition:
2.1 To refrain from:
- Any behavior which might reflect unfavourably on the Game, Bowls NZ, Bowls North Harbour Centre, their club or the team they are representing or its management, or which might bring any other player, official or Bowls NZ into disrepute.
- Making any comment to the media relating to the event without the permission of the Tournament Director, and in particular any public announcement or media comment that might bring the Game into disrepute.
- Any discriminatory practices based on age, sex, race, religion, ethnic background or special ability/disability bowlers.
- Abide by and comply with all directions of the Tournament Director and Bowls North Harbour.
- Accept and act upon any judgment of the Tournament Director or any other duly appointed official of Bowls North Harbour as to any unacceptable behaviour.
- Abide by the requirements of Bowls North Harbour as to dress including sponsor’s logos.
- Respect the Tournament officials, volunteers, officers, members and staff of any Club at which the event is being or has been played.
- Respect the Officers and appointed officials of Bowls North Harbour.
- Responsibilities of Team Manager and Team Officials:
- To support responsibly the players while at the same time ensuring that any potential breach of the Code of Conduct is drawn to the attention of the player concerned.
- Where the Team Manager or responsible official is satisfied that a breach of the Code of Conduct has occurred to take responsible and appropriate action.
- Report on any breach of the Code of Conduct which has come to the attention of the Bowls North Harbour Board of Management.
- Any Breach of Code of Conduct:
- If the Tournament Director considers that a player may have breached any obligation under the Code of Conduct, the Tournament Director shall refer the matter to the Bowls North Harbour Board of Management, who may refer it to a Judicial Committee in accordance with the Bowls NZ Constitution and Judicial Committee Regulations.
- In addition, if the Tournament Director considers the alleged breach is serious, he/she may suspend the alleged offending player from the competition with immediate effect pending the determinations of the Judicial Committee. Prior to imposing a suspension, the Tournament Director must inform the player of the alleged breach of the Code of Conduct and give the player the opportunity to provide their version of the events giving rise to the alleged breach.
- Any player who is dissatisfied by any action of the Convenor in relation to the Code of Conduct may require Bowls North Harbour to enquire into the conduct in question.
Note: This Code of Conduct has been adopted by Bowls North Harbour. Entering any Bowls North Harbour Event is based on full agreement to abide by the Code of Conduct